Saturday, June 9, 2012

Read & Reflect Week 3: BLOG BRIEFLY: DeSantis & Housen

I struggled with this article until the Housen section. Just goes to show if you are not interested or invested in something it makes it more difficult. I wasn't aware how different or "set apart" her research and theory are because she did not begin with a hypothesis that she then tried to prove. And I love love love the unobtrusive way that she conducted her research. It just makes so much sense. This article answered a question that I had previously about how long she spent developing this and now I know that it was most of the 70s and 80s. There are a few things about stages in this article and I love the way they are stated, "...no stage is better than another",  "...while growth is related to age, it is not determined by it;". Smart people.

1 comment:

  1. Constructivism at it's finest! I agree that they are very wise!

    ReplyDelete