Monday, June 11, 2012

VTS II Blog Topic # 13

Angkor Wat, Cambodia      Steve McCurry
-I feel that this image really sums up the big idea of identity. There are so many details present in the image that give insight as to who this girl is and what she is about.

-I think that this image is appropriate for my students at the time because it will pull their prior knowledge from previous images and assignments as starting points of investigation.

-I hope it reveals that they get it and that they have been understanding and really seeing all the aspects of identity that we have been discussing in class.

-I do hope that it pushes them beyond what we have discussed about identity thus far. It certainly has potential to do so.

-Not at this time because we are at the end of the year.

1 comment:

  1. Let's see if I have better luck posting a comment on your blog than I did on Rusty's...

    WOW! I think I can use this lesson with fifth graders! Excellent job of image selection. I really want to go back, right now, and check them out again. LOVED LOVED LOVED the Lone Ranger. Your students have produced some insightful images as a result of this unit. Way to go!!!

    So much fun to meet you in person. Looking forward to more classes together, or at least following your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete